[Lingtyp] Please don't change the subject line when responding

Hedvig Skirgård hedvig.skirgard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 00:45:02 UTC 2016

Hello all,

This is just a short plea: please don't fork threads unnecessarily, i.e.
start a new thread by changing the subject line. The LINGTYP archives can
handle it (see here:
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/lingtyp/2016-January/thread.html)
but most of us have email clients that cannot. What happens is an entirely
new thread gets started in our inboxes, and suddenly I have multiple
threads going on with almost identical subject lines.This means that
information gets spread in different threads despite referring to the same
discussion.

It gets very intense and confusing. These past few days have been really
fun and rewarding, and I'd like to be able to keep up.

So, please don't change the subject line when you respond to an email from
this list.

Best,
Hedvig

*Hedvig Skirgård*
PhD Candidate
The Wellsprings of Linguistic Diversity

ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language

School of Culture, History and Language
College of Asia and the Pacific

Rm 4203, H.C. Coombs Building (#9)
The Australian National University