[Lingtyp] CALL: Valency and valency change in the Caucasus [deadline extended]

Timur Maisak timur.maisak at gmail.com
Mon May 30 07:56:05 UTC 2016

(*Apologies for multiple postings!*)

Dear colleagues,

this year we celebrate the 200th anniversary of the eminent Russian
linguist, a pioneer of Caucasian studies, Petr von Uslar (1816-1875).
Taking this as on occasion, the Center for the Languages of the Caucasus
(Higher School of Economics, Moscow) and the Department of Caucasian
Languages at the Institute of Linguistics (Russian Academy of Sciences,
Moscow) are organizing a three-day conference “Valency and valency change
in the Caucasus” to be held on November 28-30, 2016. We welcome submissions
dealing with argument structure, verbal valency classes and voice and
voice-like derivations, including passive, antipassive, anticausative,
biabsolutive (binominative) and involuntary agent constructions.

The venue of the conference is the School of Linguistics of the National
Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow).

Invited speakers:
* Johanna Nichols
* Maria Polinsky
* Yakov Testelets

Abstracts of no more than one page (excluding examples and references) are
invited for submission. The language of submissions is English.

Deadline for abstract submission (extended): June 5, 2016.
Decision of acceptance will be taken by June 15.
Abstracts should be sent to Samira Verhees, the Secretary of the conference
(jh.verhees at gmail.com), with the subject line “Uslar 2016”.

Organizing committee:
* Michael Daniel
* Dmitry Ganenkov