[Lingtyp] Underlying principles of interlinearization

Natalia Cáceres nataliacaceres at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:18:48 UTC 2016

Hello,

A group of linguists and students from the Dynamique du Langage laboratoire
in Lyon got together a few years ago to discuss glossing standards in the
different languages they used in their own databases or knew through
linguistic descriptions in English, French or Spanish.
One of the students (Jérémy Pasquereau) wrote a report on the issues raised
and suggestions made by the group, also taking into account the
recommendations made in the Leipzig glossing rules and Interlinear
morphemic glossing.
The manuscript
<http://jeremy-pasquereau.jimdo.com/app/download/14488447725/Rapport%20de%20stage%20gloses%28JPasquereau%2919janv11.pdf?t=1477942814>includes
a list of suggested abbreviations elaborated on the basis of 4 different
principles (economy of space, transparency, areal tradition and
representativity) that would work in English, French and Spanish.

Best,

Natalia

Natalia Cáceres Arandia
Postdoctoral fellow