[Lingtyp] Full online access Atlas of Pidgin and Creole Language Structures

Susanne Michaelis susanne.michaelis at uni-leipzig.de
Fri Dec 1 11:56:33 UTC 2017

Dear colleagues,

The full version of the *Atlas of Pidgin and Creole Language Structures*
(http://apics-online.info, published in book version in 2013) is now
freely available online (as part of CLLD: http://clld.org/datasets.html).

You can now read the full texts of our 130 atlas chapters (written by
the four atlas editors), as well as the full texts of our 74 survey
chapters describing a wide range of pidgin, creole and mixed languages.

For example, Philippe Maurer's atlas chapter on *'Give' serial verb
constructions* is here: http://apics-online.info/parameters/86.chapter.html,

and the survey chapter on *Jamaican* by Joseph T. Farquharson is here:
http://apics-online.info/surveys/8.

Many thanks to Robert Forkel, Hans-Jörg Bibiko, Darja Appelganz-Dermaku
and to our student assistants, Nico Benz, Christoph Holz and Ke Dan, for
making this possible.

Best wishes,

Susanne

--
Susanne Maria Michaelis
Projekt Grammatische Universalien

https://research.uni-leipzig.de/unicodas/susanne-maria-michaelis/

Department of Linguistic and Cultural Evolution
Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History
Kahlaische Str. 10
07745 Jena

http://www.shh.mpg.de/person/42386/25522

Atlas of Pidgin and Creole Language Structures: http://apics-online.info/