[Lingtyp] CfA: Language shift and substratum interference in (pre)history, Jena 11-12 July 2017

Susanne Michaelis susanne.michaelis at uni-leipzig.de
Sat Feb 4 09:30:52 UTC 2017

Call for abstracts

*Workshop "Language shift and substratum interference in (pre)history"*

**

11-12 July 2017

Location: Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History (Jena,
Germany)

Deadline for abstracts: *1st March 2017*

Invited speakers:

• *John Peterson* (University of Kiel)

• *Sarah Thomason* (University of Michigan)

• *Lars Johanson* (University of Mainz)

The goal of our workshop is to refine the existing methods for
determining the effects of substratum interference in reconstructed
languages and to apply the available methods to specific case studies of
language shift in linguistic prehistory. We also welcome contributions
on recently attested or historically attested language shift because
investigating the extent to which more recent history can be taken as a
model for the remoter past is among our key objectives.

Organizers: *Martine Robbeets, Susanne Maria Michaelis, Martin
Haspelmath *(MPI-SHH Jena, Leipzig University)

Conference website: http://www.shh.mpg.de/events/8757/303542

Please send your abstract to Martine Robbeets: robbeets at shh.mpg.de.
Notification by 15 March 2017.

--