[Lingtyp] Reminder: ALT 12 Scholarships Deadline is March 31, 2017

Kristine Hildebrandt khildeb at siue.edu
Mon Feb 27 13:47:49 UTC 2017

This message is a general reminder. Apologies for multiple/repeated
postings!

The ALT 12 organising committee
<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/committee/>, in
tandem with the Association for Linguistic
<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>Typology
<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>, will be offering a limited number of
scholarships to researchers for the ALT 2017 conference, to be held in
Canberra Australia, 11­15 2017. We can cover conference registration and
dinner, low-­cost accommodation and travel to the degree possible. We ask
that applicants submit one page detailing the title of their submitted
abstract, their interest in typology, their financial situation and the
name and contact details of one referee through the link below. We also ask
applicants to have the referee upload a letter of support to the link for
references below. The letter should describe the applicant, their research
trajectory and their financial situation.

Some scholarship support will be reserved for researchers of low ­income
countries. These scholarships will be based on the need for funding as
demonstrated by the applicant and verified in a letter of reference.
Primarily factors to be considered include (i) the income level of the
country where the applicant is based and (ii) the income level of the
applicant’s home country. 'Our list of eligible countries is based on
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/en/librarians/developing­countries­initiative/participating­countries.html

Applications are due 31 March 2017 and applicants are expected to submit an
abstract to either the main ALT conference or one of the workshops.
Successful applicants will need to have an abstract that is accepted or
highly rated and will be notified by 5 May 2017 at the same time as
notifications go out for accepted abstracts.

Details for Scholarship applications
<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/scholarships/>

ALT 2017 scholarship application form
<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/scholarships/scholarship-application-form/>

ALT2017 scholarship referee supporting letter
<http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/scholarships/scholarship-referee-form/>

Queries may be sent to: alt12.2017 at gmail.com