[Lingtyp] Kinship systems that distinguish age but not gender

David Gil gil at shh.mpg.de
Wed Jul 19 13:58:30 UTC 2017

Claire,

Thanks for posting this.  It's humbling to see how much stuff is already
out there, if one knows where to look.  And nice to see that the
Turkish/Minangkabau type that emerged from in the discussion is one of
Murdock's 8 types (his type C: Algonkian), accounting for almost 10% of
the languages in the sample.

Best,

David