[Lingtyp] Conference: Usage-Based Linguistics (Jerusalem, 3-5 July)

Eitan Grossman eitan.grossman at mail.huji.ac.il
Thu Jun 22 13:11:47 UTC 2017

Dear all, with apologies for cross-listing:

*3rd Conference on Usage-Based Linguistics (Program & Registration)*

We are pleased to announce the program of the 3rd annual Usage-Based
Linguistics conference, which will take place between July 3-5, 2017. The
conference is organized jointly by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and
Tel Aviv University. This year the conference will be held at the Mount
Scopus campus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.

The conference program can be found on our website:
ubljlm17.wordpress.com/program, where you will also find details about
travel and accommodation in Jerusalem.

If you are planning to attend the conference, please take a moment to
register: goo.gl/RSYWGf

This conference brings together researchers who study language structure
and use from a wide range of perspectives (linguistic, typological,
developmental, psycholinguistic, interaction-oriented, computational). This
year’s special theme is the relation between language processing and
language typology and change: how do cognitive biases affect how language
is structured and how it changes over time?

We are especially delighted to have three invited speakers whose work
touches on this question from different perspectives: Prof. Ruth Berman
(Tel Aviv University), Dr. Jennifer Culbertson (University of Edinburgh),
and Prof. Martin Hilpert (University of Neuchâtel).

Hoping to see you there!

Conference website for details and updates: https://ubljlm17.wordpress.com

Local organizing committee: Mira Ariel (TAU), Inbal Arnon (HUJI), Elitzur
Bar-Asher Siegal (HUJI), Eitan Grossman (HUJI), Michal Marmorstein (HUJI) &
Dorit Ravid (TAU)

Sponsors: The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, The Faculty of Social
Sciences, The Faculty of Humanities and The Language, Logic & Cognition
Center at the Hebrew University

Contact person: Maya Inbar at ubljlm17 at gmail.com

Past UBL conferences:
UBL 2015 http://www.hum.huji.ac.il/upload/_FILE_1430297423.pdf