[Lingtyp] Greenberg and Gabelentz awards announced

Good, Jeff jcgood at buffalo.edu
Mon Jun 26 01:02:05 UTC 2017

[Sent on behalf of Kristine Hildebrandt.]

Dear all,

I gives me great pleasure to announce the recipients of Association for Linguistic Typology’s Greenberg and the Gabelentz awards.

At the conference in Canberra in December 2017, ALT will present the Joseph Greenberg award for a typological dissertation defended in 2015-2016.

Ksenia Shagal of University of Helsinki  will receive the Greenberg award for her dissertation “Towards a typology of participles”.

We are very grateful to Greenberg award jury chair Sonia Cristofaro, and to jury members Denis Creissels, Volker Gast, Jean Christophe Verstraete, Bernhard Waelchli, and Doris Payne, for the work they put into reading and evaluating the entries.

At the conference, ALT will also present the Georg von der Gabelentz award for achievements in documenting the world’s linguistic diversity through the writing of a reference grammar (published between 2013-2016).

Diana Forker will receive the Gabelentz award for her Grammar of Hinuq, a Nakh-Daghestanian language, published by De Gruyter in 2013.

We are likewise very grateful to Gabelentz award jury chair Toshihide Nakayama, and to jury members Bernd Heine, Johanna Nichols, Maria Polinsky, Bernard Comrie, Ekaterina Gruzdeva, and Honore Watanabe, for their effort and time spent in the reading and evaluating of the entries for this award.

Both award recipients will present on their research at the Canberra ALT meeting. Please visit this page for more information: http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/alt-conference-2017/program/.

A fuller jury report for both awards will be released before the conference.

With best wishes,

Jeff Good (president)

Kristine Hildebrandt (secretary)

Dmitry Idiatov (treasurer)

--
Orche
('Thanks' in Manange)

Kristine A. Hildebrandt
Associate Professor, Department of English Language & Literature<http://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/english/>
Secretary, Association for Linguistic Typology<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>
Editor, Himalayan Linguistics<http://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics>
Check out our Manang Languages<https://mananglanguages.isg.siue.edu/> project page!
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Box 1431
Edwardsville, IL 62026 U.S.A.
618-650-3991 (department voicemail)
khildeb at siue.edu<mailto:khildeb at siue.edu>