[Lingtyp] ALT: Two items up for vote

Kristine Hildebrandt khildeb at siue.edu
Mon Nov 20 13:24:43 UTC 2017

Dear ALT members:

We have two important items up for vote. Both items are contained in a
single electronic ballot, which can be found here:

https://siue.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6id2p5qEU7W3tzf

This link allows you to vote exactly once, and the origin of the vote is
untraceable (ie. the vote is anonymous to me when I collect the results).

Item 1:
Of the six current Executive Committee members, three are rotating off, and
need to be replaced (Felix Ameka, Isabelle Bril, Keren Rice). Three
continue for another term: Silvia Luraghi, Stepehen Matthews, Felicity
Meakins.

The ALT nominating committee identified and consulted with three nominees
for the EC: Mark Dingemanse, Rachel Nordlinger, and Ljuba Veselinova.

When you go the e-ballot, you will see brief bio-sketches of the three
nominees. You can vote for all three together, or for any individual. And
even if you do not vote for any nominee, you can still vote on Item #2
(below).

We are grateful to both the outgoing EC members, and to the Nominating
Committee (Nick Enfield, Nina Dobrushina, Martin Haspelmath, and Claire
Bowern) for their work for ALT.

Item 2:

The ALT Officers (Jeff Good, Dmitry Idiatov, and me), in consultation with
the EC have drawn up a code of conduct statement to be added to the ALT
statutes. Please vote either for or against the adoption of this code.

*Voting is now open as of this email. The deadline to vote is Tuesday
December 5 at 5pm Central Standard Time.*

Thank you!
--
Orche
('Thanks' in Manange)

*Kristine A. Hildebrandt*
*Associate Professor, Department of English Language & Literature
<http://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/english/>*

*Secretary, Association for Linguistic Typology
<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>*
*Editor, Himalayan Linguistics
<http://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics>*
Check out our Manang Languages <https://mananglanguages.isg.siue.edu/> project
page!
*Southern Illinois University Edwardsville*

*Box 1431Edwardsville, IL 62026 U.S.A.618-650-3991 (department voicemail)*

*khildeb at siue.edu <khildeb at siue.edu>http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb
<http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb>*