[Lingtyp] PhD position (University of Jena)

Volker Gast volker.gast at uni-jena.de
Thu Nov 30 20:02:10 UTC 2017

Dear all,
I'd be grateful if you could forward this job ad to potential applicants.

___

The Department of English and American Studies at the University of Jena
(Germany) invites applications for a PhD position (50%) beginning April
1, 2018. The position is for three years, but there is the possiblity of
an extension.

Requirements/qualifications:
* Degree in English or comparative linguistics (e.g. MA)
* Interest and background in language comparison (e.g. linguistic
typology, contrastive linguistics)
* Metholodigal interest and skills (e.g. corpus linguistics, multi-media
annotation)
* Programming skills are an advantage (e.g. R, Python)

Teaching responsibilities will be one course per semester. Salary is
according to the German FedEral Pay Scale (TV-L).

Applications can be sent to me by email.

I attach the "official" job ad (in German).

Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Volker Gast
volker.gast at uni-jena.de

--
Prof. Volker Gast