[Lingtyp] A PhD research proposal on the diachronic typology of iconicity

JOO Ian il.y.en.a at outlook.com
Sun Oct 22 11:24:52 UTC 2017

Dear members of the Linguistic Typology mailing list,

My name is Ian Joo, and I am an MA student of linguistics at National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan. I finish my MA studies next January, and I wish to do a PhD on diachronic typology of linguistic iconicity. I am currently looking for potential PhD advisors. I have attached my CV, a 4-page paper I wrote for the proceedings of P&P13 (a conference held in Berlin), and my research proposal. Please have a look if you are interested. If you are able to accept a PhD student in the near future, and interested in my research plans, please contact me. Also, feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone who may be interested.

Sincerely,
Ian Joo