[Lingtyp] Four positions as Postdoctoral Fellows in Language and Linguistics at Stockholm University
Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
tamm at ling.su.se
Mon Sep 18 07:08:47 EDT 2017
Please forward this announcement to those who may be interested.
Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
The Special Doctoral programme FoSprak at Stockholm university announces 4 positions as Postdoctoral Fellow placed at any of the following departments at the Faculty of Humanities, Stockholm University:
• The Department of English
• Department of Slavic and Baltic Studies, Finnish, Dutch and German
• Department of Linguistics
• Department of Asian, Middle Eastern and Turkish Studies
• Department of Language Education
• Department of Swedish Language and Multilingualism
• Department of Romance Studies and Classics (In Swedish)
Ref. No. SU FV-2845-17
Closing date: October 15th 2017
The topic for the project should fall within the profile area of FoSprak. This implies that the research questions of the project should have a focus on the systematicity and structure of language. The project must have a firm anchoring within the traditional core areas of linguistics: phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics. The work should be based on empirical material coming from one or more languages, preferably with a cross-linguistic or diachronic perspective.
The position involves research. A position as Postdoctoral Fellow may include up to 20% teaching.
Postdoctoral positions are appointed primarily for purposes of research. Applicants are expected to hold a Swedish doctoral degree or an equivalent degree from another country.
The degree should have been completed no more than three years before the deadline for applications. An older degree may be acceptable under special circumstances, which may involve sick leave, parental leave, clinical attachment, elected positions in trade unions, or similar.
In the appointment process, special attention will be given to research skills, that the topic of the project falls within the profile area of FoSprak, and that it relates to a research field which is represented at the department where the applicant intends to complete the project. A good command of English or Swedish, in both speech and writing, is expected, as well as good communication skills.
Terms of employment
The position involves full-time employment for a maximum of two years. Start date 2018-07-01 or as per agreement.
Stockholm University strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
Further information about the position can be obtained from the Secretary of FoSprak, Sofia Gustafson Capkova, telephone: +46 8 16 34 88, sofia at ling.su.se.
Anqi Lindblom-Ahlm (Saco-S) and Lisbeth Häggberg (Fackförbundet ST and Lärarförbundet), telephone: +46 8 16 20 00 (operator), and seko at seko.su.se (SEKO).
Apply for the position at Stockholm University's recruitment system by clicking the "Apply" button. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the job advertisement, and that it is submitted before the deadline.
Please include the following information with your application
• Your contact details and personal data
• Your highest degree
• Your language skills
• Contact details for 2–3 references
and, in addition, please include the following documents
• Cover letter. Please state in which department you want to complete your project, and motivate why in i) that specific department and ii) at Stockholm University
• CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of publications
• Research proposal (no more than 3 pages) describing:
– your research question and why it is important/original
– the scientific contribution of your intended project
– why and how you wish to complete the project
– what makes you suitable for the project in question
– why you want to complete the project at i) the selected department and ii) at Stockholm University
• Copy of PhD diploma
• Publications in support of your application (no more than 3 publications).
The instructions for applicants are available at: Instructions – Applicants.
More information about the Lingtyp