[Lingtyp] Co-expression of future and past

Hannu Tommola hannu.tommola at uta.fi
Wed Dec 12 19:39:03 UTC 2018

  In Russian the same enantiosemy can be observed with _sejchas_ 'now,
presently, soon':

1. _ona tol'ko sejchas ushla_ 'she's just gone'

2. _ona sejchas pridet_ 'she'll be here soon'

Best,
Hannu Tommola

Linkit:
-------
[1] mailto:seinobreugel at gmail.com
[2] mailto:lauren.reed at anu.edu.au
[3] mailto:LINGTYP at LISTSERV.LINGUISTLIST.ORG
[4] mailto:lingtyp at listserv.linguistlist.org
[5] http://laurenwreed.com/
  Hannu Tommola
Professor emer. of Russian Language (Translation Theory and Practice)
School of Language, Translation and Literary Studies
FIN-33014 University of Tampere, Finland