[Lingtyp] query: verbal diminutives

Dmitry Nikolaev dsnikolaev at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 15:59:08 UTC 2018

A minor correction.

> Some examples include: German *hüsteln *(‘to cough lightly’), Italian
*dormicchiare *(‘to doze’), Croatian *grickati *(‘to nibble’), Czech *tr*
*̌epotat *(‘to flutter’), Slovene *igri**čkati* (‘to play around’), Russian
*xaxan’kat *(‘to giggle’)...

This is not standard Russian. I do not know this word, and the only example
I found in the corpus is from a novel depicting the speech of some highly
divergent northern dialect. The usual Russian verb for this meaning is
*xixikat**’.*