[Lingtyp] mini-course on computational historical linguistics at the LSA

Claire Bowern clairebowern at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:30:37 UTC 2018

Dear all,
For people attending the Linguistic Society of America's meeting in early
January, I am teaching a mini-course on computational historical
linguistics (phylogenetics) on Thursday morning. We'll be covering some of
the theory, advantages and disadvantages of the methods, and case studies.
I'll also provide some "recipes" for doing your own analyses. The link to
register is here:
https://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/2019-annual-meeting-minicourses.
Best wishes,
Claire