[Lingtyp] Query re pronoun inventories

Daniel Ross djross3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 08:42:31 UTC 2018

Sorry, I didn't mean to come across as angry at all! Due to writing the
email quickly, not my intent.

But this is an incredibly strong statement, with no citation: "Icelandic
society is considered to be the least sexist society in the world", used as
anecdotal evidence to argue against a generalization. I meant my question
sincerely as well, because "least sexist" is something that should be
measurable, if such a generalization is to be made.

And more importantly, if Iceland's lack of sexism still results in
country-wide protests by women, then is that really a lack of sexism? Is
there any control group available for a study of "non-sexist" countries?