[Lingtyp] Query re pronoun inventories

Daniel Ross djross3 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 09:19:40 UTC 2018

I don't disagree. However, I'm not judging it based on the content of those
linked articles at all, but the historical movements they discuss:
nationwide protests of women against societal sexism. If that isn't a
significant indication of sexism in a country, then I don't know what would
be (research aside). I would be the first to admit that I know little about
sexism in Iceland, but what I do know if that the women there are
protesting it. I was genuinely confused when I read your message, and I
would like to know more.

If that is the best example we can come up with for a lack of sexism, then
I'm very uncertain as to how we can pursue the question of what grammatical
features would correlate with sexism in general.