[Lingtyp] Does bipolar polysemy exist?

Mattis List mattis.list at lingpy.org
Mon Jun 4 09:33:59 UTC 2018

Dear Stela,

I think the points you brought up are very interesting, but it's
probably time to stop the discussion at this point. What I would
encourage you to do is now to write up your arguments in some form of a
blog post (that you publish online on your preferred venue), as I think
they are very interesting and important for a broader audience of
linguists, and this is just a mailing list for typologists. If you do
so, it would be very interesting, probably not only for me, but also for
other colleagues from different fields, to jump on the train of this
very interesting discussion and respond in blogs accordingly. It would
also put the discussion on a more solid ground, as we could bring in
quotes from colleagues and the like.

Looking forward to read your arguments in much more detail. I'll try to
do my best to answer them following all due scientific standards.

All the best,

Mattis