[Lingtyp] Question about helpful design of a comparative, multilectal grammar

Jorge Rosés Labrada jrosesla at ualberta.ca
Fri Jun 15 13:13:53 UTC 2018

Dear Rasmus,

In case you haven't come across the work of Naomi Nagy, she is someone
who's been thinking about the issue of a "sociogrammar" for a long time.
Here's a reference to one of her articles on this topic:

   - Nagy, N. 2009. The challenges of less commonly studied languages:
   Writing a Sociogrammar of Faetar. In J. Stanford & D. Preston, eds.
*Variation
   in Indigenous Minority Languages*. Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
*Impact* series,
   vol. 25. 397-417.

I am very much interested in this topic as I am documenting a language with
a lot of dialectal and intergenerational variation (namely, Piaroa, an
Amazonian language of Colombia and Venezuela) so if people reply off-list,
would you be so kind as to send a summary of the responses to the list?

Best,
Jorge

-------------
Jorge Emilio Rosés Labrada
Assistant Professor, Indigenous Language Sustainability
Department of Linguistics
University of Alberta
Tel: (+1) 780-492-5698
jrosesla at ualberta.ca

*The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6
territory, **and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First
Nations, Métis, Inuit, **and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence
continues to enrich our institution.*

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM, Rasmus Bernander <rasmusbernander at gmail.com