[Lingtyp] Question about helpful design of a comparative, multilectal grammar

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at shh.mpg.de
Fri Jun 15 15:32:05 UTC 2018

A "pan-dialectal" grammar written by a prominent author (former ALT
president) that you may want to have a look at is:

Evans, Nicholas D. 2003. /Bininj Gun-wok: A pan-dialectal grammar of
Mayali, Kunwinjku and Kune. 2 vols/. (Pacific Linguistics, 541).
Canberra: Australian National University.

I have no particular recommendation, but personally, I like the idea of
colour coding -- I think it's used much less than it could in technical
texts (probably for reasons of typographic conservatism, not because
there are serious functional considerations that speak against it).

Martin