[Lingtyp] Question about helpful design of a comparative, multilectal grammar

Yukinori Kimoto yk.kimoto at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 07:45:07 UTC 2018

Dear Rasmus,

It might be of help if you refer to a way of exposition in which you first provide an overview of common grammatical features shared by all the dialects/languages, followed by grammatical sketches of each dialect/language focusing on some "irregular/unusual" patterns.  Lynch, Ross, and Crowley (2002) The Oceanic Languages is a case in point. In a typological overview of Oceanic languages, some common or usual grammatical features found in these languages are described, and the following grammar sketches of individual languages focus on unusual patterns they have or some phenomena worth mentioning. https://books.google.com.au/books?id=FhOuslPWYGoC&hl

Best wishes,

Yuki

Yukinori Kimoto, Ph.D
Graduate School of Humanities, Nagoya University
JSPS Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Visiting scholar, University of Melbourne
e-mail: yk.kimoto at gmail.com
phone: +81-90-6370-2777