[Lingtyp] literature on "wh-movement"/constituent interrogatives

Nigel Vincent nigel.vincent at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Oct 23 07:20:03 UTC 2018

Adam,
You can find quite a bit about different interrogative patterns in the work of Louise Mycock - see this link for her publications including a book in preparation: http://users.ox.ac.uk/~cpgl0023/Publications.html
If we must use such oppositions - and I'd much rather we didn't - her approach is as much formal as functional, but since it is couched within the framework of LFG, I guess in your terms it can be said to 'stick closer to the surface'.
Best
Nigel

Professor Nigel Vincent, FBA MAE
Professor Emeritus of General & Romance Linguistics
The University of Manchester

Linguistics & English Language
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
The University of Manchester