[Lingtyp] Theme session call: The lexicon in aspectuality

Wiemer, Bjoern wiemerb at uni-mainz.de
Tue Oct 30 22:09:55 UTC 2018

If I may briefly add a word of relief: at last this has been clearly asked and stated -- I firmly second Martin's concern for this type of clarity.
	By the way, a similar problem is apparent for "modality". Does it refer to modal meanings (e.g. of auxilaries like "can, must, ought to", or of independent infinitives in Russian), or does it relate to mood? It often does both, in an often not clearly articulated way. Moreover, "modality" is sometimes declared a grammatical category. This sounds strange if it is to refer just to modal _meanings_ and their classification.

Best,
Björn (Wiemer).