[Lingtyp] reminder: DGfS Hamburg 2020 workshop on universals in grammar

Martin Haspelmath haspelmath at shh.mpg.de
Wed Aug 28 09:22:30 UTC 2019

Dear typologists,

As was announced on Lingtyp earlier, there will be a workshop on

*"Empirical consequences of universal claims in grammatical theorizing"*

at the next DGfS Annual Conference (Hamburg, 4-6 March 2020).

I have just posted a blogpost that gives some background on the
motivation for this workshop:
"How can we understand Human Language if we don’t know all languages?"
https://dlc.hypotheses.org/1823

The workshop page is here:
https://research.uni-leipzig.de/unicodas/dgfs-workshop-universals-in-grammatical-theorizing-2020/

The deadline for abstracts is 31 August (and notification is 6 September).

Martin

--
Martin Haspelmath (haspelmath at shh.mpg.de)
Max Planck Institute for the Science of Human History