[Lingtyp] complex postpositions

Jendraschek Gerd jendraschek at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 07:22:37 UTC 2019

Dear Nigel,

Stosic, Fagard, Pinto de Lima and Smirnova are in the process of editing a collective volume on complex adpositions in the languages of Europe, to which I am contributing the chapters on Basque and Turkish, which happen to have postpositions. I can send you the draft chapters off-list if you’re interested.

Best,
Gerd

Dr Gerd Jendraschek
Assistant Professor
German Studies
Department of Global Area Studies
Sangmyung University
31066 Cheonan, Chungnam
Republic of Korea

________________________________
보낸 사람: Nigel Vincent <nigel.vincent at manchester.ac.uk> 대신 Lingtyp <lingtyp-bounces at listserv.linguistlist.org>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 2월 3일 일요일 오전 5:57
받는 사람: LINGTYP at listserv.linguistlist.org
제목: [Lingtyp] complex postpositions

There is a substantial literature on prepositions and postpositions. There is also a growing body of work on complex prepositions, i.e. things like English 'in front of', French 'au dessous de'. To complete the picture I'd be grateful for pointers to studies and/or examples of complex postpositions.
Thanks in advance
Nigel

Professor Nigel Vincent, FBA MAE
Professor Emeritus of General & Romance Linguistics
The University of Manchester

Linguistics & English Language
School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
The University of Manchester