[Lingtyp] Is written language a separate modality?

Joo Ian ian.joo at outlook.com
Wed Jan 2 08:05:28 UTC 2019

(Sorry for multi-posting)

On second thought, some deaf Indonesians may also leaen spoken Indonesian, through lip reading and speech training. My mistake. But my argument still holds that there still may be deaf Indonesians who never learn how to lip-read or speak, but may nevertheless become fluent in written Indonesian.

Regards,
Ian JOO (주이안)
http://ianjoo.academia.edu