[Lingtyp] Cases of loss of goal markers

Vladimir Panov panovmeister at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 10:53:40 UTC 2019

Dear Ponrawee,

actually, not only in Asia Minor, but also in colloquial standard Modern
Greek goal and location markers are often dropped, e.g.

ime athina / pao athina
cop.1sg athens / go-1sg athens
'I am in Athens' / 'I am going to Athens'

Concerning Viktor Friedman's comment on Macedonian, it makes sense to test
if it might be a Balkan areal feature.

Vladimir