[Lingtyp] Beijing, July: The 4th International Symposium on Language Typology

LIU Danqing liudanq at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 01:35:11 UTC 2019

 Dear Randy and Colleagues:
    Thank Randy for the nice introduction of me.
    I am posting a belated announcement for a symposium on typology. In fact the deadline has just been past, but after discussion, the organizers decided to extend it until Feb. 10th 2019 for Lingtyp members. So your submissions will be very much welcome!
    Best regards,
    Danny Liu

The 4th InternationalSymposium on Language Typology

 The 4th International Symposium on Language Typology(ISLT-2019) will be held at School of Liberal Arts, Renmin University of China , Beijing, during July 5th -7th , 2019. The keynote speakers will include ProfessorMatthew Dryer, Professor Randy LaPolla and Professor Walter Bisang. It will beorganized by the Institute of Linguistics, Chinese Academy of SocialSciences(CASS), Journal of ZhongguoYuwen(Studies of the Chinese Language), and the School of Liberal Arts,Renmin University of China.

 This year's themeswill include:

1. Areal Typology

2. Diachronic Typology

3. Linguistic Inventory Typology

4. Tense-Aspect Typology

5. Quantitative Typology

6. Language Typology and related issues

We welcome abstract submissions from those who are interested in thissymposium. The working language for this symposium will be Chinese or English.Abstracts submitted will be evaluated by the reviewing committee. We willnotify you of the decision on Feb1st,2019.

Submission details:

1) Deadline: Dec 31st,2018.(ForLingTyp members, the deadline will be extended until Feb. 10th).

2) Abstracts submitted to:

typology_ruc at 163.com

3) Abstract formats forMicrosoft Word:

Minimum requirements of word number: no less than 1000  Chinese characters; 600 words in English。

a) for Chinese: font style is Song; font size for heading is 15 pt and forbody is 12 pt.

b) for English: font style should be Times New Roman; font size for heading is 16 pt andfor body is 12 pt.

4)Two copies of abstract arerequired: one should be anonymous, and the othershould include your name, contact email, phone number and affiliation.

Should you have any inquiry, please don’t hesitate to email us.

The Organizing Committee of ISLT-2019