[Lingtyp] passive and tense

Haspelmath, Martin haspelmath at shh.mpg.de
Fri Nov 8 17:29:44 UTC 2019

Yes, I found this discussed by Comrie in 1981, and discussed it myself in 1994:

Comrie, Bernard. 1981. Aspect and voice: Some reflections on perfect and passive. In Philip J. Tedeschi & Annie Zaenen (eds.), Tense and aspect (Syntax and Semantics 14), 65–78. New York: Academic Press.
Haspelmath, Martin. 1994. Passive participles across languages. In Barbara Fox & Paul J. Hopper (eds.), Voice: Form and function (Typological Studies in Language), 151–177. Amsterdam: Benjamins. doi:10.1075/tsl.27.08has<http://doi.org/10.1075/tsl.27.08has,
%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20https://zenodo.org/record/227097>. (https://zenodo.org/record/227097<http://doi.org/10.1075/tsl.27.08has,
%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20https://zenodo.org/record/227097>)

But there must be more recent work about this as well.

Best,
Martin