[Lingtyp] passive and tense

Pier Marco Bertinetto piermarco.bertinetto at sns.it
Sat Nov 9 22:25:51 UTC 2019

Thanks Juergen.
Just two quick notes (this is not the place for a lengthy discussion):
- Our 2015 does not show relevant differences in the treatment of
actionality by Italian and (Austrian) German children;
- A statement about "atelic" predicates should be valid for all of them; if
it only describes the behavior of stative predicates, then the correlation
must be modified accordingly.
Best regards
Pier Marco

Il giorno sab 9 nov 2019 alle ore 21:49 Bohnemeyer, Juergen <
jb77 at buffalo.edu> ha scritto:

> [...]
> > > http://inslav.ru/people/arkadev-petr-mihaylovich-peter-arkadiev

> myself in 1994:

> and passive. In Philip J. Tedeschi & Annie Zaenen (eds.), Tense and aspect
> (Syntax and Semantics 14), 65–78. New York: Academic Press.
> Barbara Fox & Paul J. Hopper (eds.), Voice: Form and function (Typological
> Studies in Language), 151–177. Amsterdam: Benjamins.
> doi:10.1075/tsl.27.08has. (https://zenodo.org/record/227097)

> passive verb forms are much more frequent in the past tenses than in
> present and future tenses. This is also my impression of various languages
> with which I am familiar but have not studied their verbal systems. Does
> such cross-linguistic feature exist? If yes, how do we explain it?

> for the Science of Human History Kahlaische Strasse 10 D-07745 Jena   &
> Leipzig University Institut fuer Anglistik IPF 141199 D-04081 Leipzig

> > > --
> > > Sergey Lyosov

> > Juergen Bohnemeyer, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
> > Department of Linguistics and Center for Cognitive Science
> > University at Buffalo
> >
> > Office: 642 Baldy Hall, UB North Campus * Mailing address: 609 Baldy
> Hall, Buffalo, NY 14260
> > Phone: (716) 645 0127
> > Fax: (716) 645 3825 * Email: jb77 at buffalo.edu * Web:
> http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jb77/
> >
> > Office hours M 12:30 – 1:30pm / W 1:00 – 1:50 / F 12:30 – 1:50pm
> >

> > There’s A Crack In Everything - That’s How The Light Gets In (Leonard
> Cohen)

> > --
> >
> >                    nuovo numero di telefono
> >
> >               ||||            Pier Marco  Bertinetto
> >              ------            Linguistica Generale
> >             ///////          Scuola Normale Superiore
> >            -------
> > p.za
> >  dei Cavalieri 7
> >           ///////                I-56126 PISA
> >          -------              fax:   +39/050/563513
> >         ///////               phone: +39/050/509111
> >        -------                        HOME
> >       ///////                   via Matteotti  197
> >      -------                   I-55049 Viareggio LU
> >     ///////                   phone:  +39/0584/
> > 652417
> >
> >    -------                    cell.:  +39/368/3830251

> >          "ELiTe (Experimental Linguistics Team"
> >             <
> > http://smart.sns.it/?pag=elite
> > >
> > "Laboratorio di Linguistica" <
> > http://linguistica.sns.it

> Juergen Bohnemeyer, Professor and Director of Graduate Studies
> Department of Linguistics and Center for Cognitive Science
> University at Buffalo
>
> Office: 642 Baldy Hall, UB North Campus * Mailing address: 609 Baldy Hall,
> Buffalo, NY 14260
> Phone: (716) 645 0127
> Fax: (716) 645 3825 * Email: jb77 at buffalo.edu * Web:
> http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jb77/
>
> Office hours M 12:30 – 1:30pm / W 1:00 – 1:50 / F 12:30 – 1:50pm
>

> There’s A Crack In Everything - That’s How The Light Gets In (Leonard

     nuovo numero di telefono