[Lingtyp] Diversity/dispersion of descriptive/typological knowledge by language

John Du Bois dubois at ucsb.edu
Fri Apr 3 15:08:27 UTC 2020

Trudgill's paper is excellent and thought-provoking. Here's the reference:

Trudgill, Peter (2015). Sociolinguistic typology and the uniformitarian
hypothesis. In De Busser, R. & LaPolla, R. J. (Eds.), Language structure
and environment: Social, cultural, and natural factors. Amsterdam:
Benjamins. 133-148.
https://benjamins.com/catalog/clscc.6

Best,
Jack