[Lingtyp] predicative possession

ARNOLD Laura Laura.Arnold at ed.ac.uk
Mon Apr 27 13:52:49 UTC 2020

Dear Sergey,

What Françoise describes for Maweti-Guarani languages is also common in South Halmahera-West New Guinea (Austronesian) languages: predicative possessive constructions that are either identical with or derived from their adnominal counterparts are found in Ambel, As, Batta, Biga, Ma'ya, Salawati, Taba, Wamesa, Wooi, and Dusner. Similar constructions are found in the nearby non-Austronesian East Bird's Head languages Meyah and Moskona, as well as the North Halmahera language Tidore. I can send you references for these, if that's helpful.

All the best,
Laura

~~~
Laura Arnold
British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow

Room 1.13, Dugald Stewart Building
School of Philosophy, Psychology & Language Sciences
University of Edinburgh