[Lingtyp] Please read this Position Paper and sign the Petition

Kristine Hildebrandt khildeb at siue.edu
Wed Apr 29 15:47:40 UTC 2020

Greetings ALT Community:

Dear Tibeto-Burman Community:

I know that endangered language documentation is not the focus for
some/many on this list, strictly speaking. And, I know that international
scholars may not see National Science Foundation (United States) DLI-DEL
(formerly: "Documenting Endangered Languages") as relevant to their own
projects (even though NSF does offer many types of international
collaboration opportunities). But, if you feel some kinship with the cause
that our DLI-DEL working group is promoting, please consider reading the
Position Paper (or else just the shorter Executive Summary) and signing the
petition if you are in agreement with our recommendations.
https://iris.siue.edu/delfifteen/position-paper/

You can see the history of this Position Paper by going to the main page.
https://iris.siue.edu/delfifteen/

This was an NSF-funded endeavor to assemble researchers and community
representatives who organized or participated in DEL projects, to reflect
on what NSF DEL has accomplished since it started in 2003.
Please share widely if you are so inclined.
Thank you!

--
Orche
('Thanks' in Manange)

*Kristine A. Hildebrandt*
*Professor, Department of English Language & Literature
<http://www.siue.edu/artsandsciences/english/>*
*Co-Founder, Co-Director The IRIS Center <https://iris.siue.edu/> at SIUE*
*President, Endangered Language Fund
<http://www.endangeredlanguagefund.org/>*

*Executive Committee Member, Association for Linguistic Typology
<http://www.linguistic-typology.org/>*
*Editor, Himalayan Linguistics
<http://escholarship.org/uc/himalayanlinguistics>*

*Southern Illinois University Edwardsville*

*Box 1431Edwardsville, IL 62026 U.S.A.618-650-3991 (department voicemail)*

*khildeb at siue.edu <khildeb at siue.edu>http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb
<http://www.siue.edu/~khildeb>*