[Lingtyp] addressing the daughter as Mummy

Nestor Hernandez-Green nestorhgreen at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 20:35:53 UTC 2020

Hi, Sergey,
Mexican Spanish (and possibly other Spanish varieties in Latin America)
does something similar: adults may call little boys *papito* (Dad-DIM) and
little girls *mamita*(Mom-DIM), it depends rather on the gender of the
child than on the relation between them and the adult.
Hope this helps
*= Néstor Hernández-Green =*
*Sitio web: **goo.gl/jsw4zs <http://goo.gl/jsw4zs>*