[Lingtyp] addressing the daughter as Mummy

Zahra Etebari zahra.etebari at ling.su.se
Thu Aug 20 07:14:55 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Persian also shows the same phenomena. In this language in addition to 'māman' (mother) and 'bābā' (father), other relative terms like 'xāle' (mother's sister), 'amme' (father's sister), 'dāyi' (mother's brother), and 'amu' (father's brother) are also used to address children by those relatives.

Best wishes,

Zahra

Zahra Etebari

Guest PhD Candidate