[Lingtyp] undifferentiated interrogative words

Ilana Mushin i.mushin at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 27 00:27:43 UTC 2020

Some Australian languages have words that conflate ‘what’ and ‘who’, and then additionally can use case marking to cover areas such as location ‘where’, or reason (‘why’). These patterns are surveyed in Mushin, I 1995 Epistememes in Australian Languages. Australian Journal of Linguistics.

--
Associate Professor Ilana Mushin
Reader in Linguistics

[/var/folders/lv/m77kqy0n4x1_rcd3pk0j2n900000gq/T/com.microsoft.Outlook/WebArchiveCopyPasteTempFiles/il.pb.png]Co-Editor, Interactional Linguistics (https://benjamins.com/catalog/il)

School of Languages and Cultures
University of Queensland
St Lucia, QLD 4072.
Ph: (07) 3365 6810

CRICOS Provider No: 00025B

I acknowledge the Jagera and Turrbal peoples on whose land I live and work. Their sovereignty was never ceded.