[Lingtyp] Name this category

Gilles Authier gilles.authier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 08:03:11 UTC 2020

In Tindi (East Caucasian),
1) (elevationally marked) demonstratives (or presentatives) index the
gender of the addressee ;
2) imperative verb forms can index it, conveying politeness.

ssajħata agja-ra-j zinada r-oo ihwa-qoo.
S.(f) here.lower-npl-f cow.pl.nom npl-come.perf shepherd-post.el
« Saihat, here are the cows coming from the pasture. »

q'aj b-aχ-a-j!
furniture(n) n-take-imper-f
"You(f) buy furniture!"

Gilles Authier