[Lingtyp] Ironic negative constructions

Bastian Persohn persohn.linguistics at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 17:12:57 UTC 2020

Dear group members,

I am posting the below on behalf of a student of mine. Any input will be
greatly appreciated, be it on similar conventionalized uses of negation and
irony in other languages of the world, general thoughts, or even specific
remarks regarding isiXhosa (or the larger Nguni branch of Bantu).

Best regards,

Bastian

I would like some help with finding resources/getting more information on