[Lingtyp] Ironic negative constructions

Nestor Hernandez-Green nestorhgreen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 18:14:51 UTC 2020

In some regions of Mexico, there is a negative construction with similar
effects:

Casi/no/es/borracho
almost/no/is/drunkard.MASC
"he's a heavy drinker" (lit. he's not much of a drunkard)

I don't know if this has been researched yet in Spanish.

Hope this helps

= Néstor Hernández-Green =
Sitio web: http://goo.gl/jsw4zs

[Este mensaje puede haber sido escrito utilizando funciones de dictado en
Android]