[Lingtyp] Query: Metaphors of Time and etymology

Kulikov, L. L.Kulikov at hum.leidenuniv.nl
Sat Jan 25 16:10:30 UTC 2020

Dear Juergen,
Thanks for your suggestions and references. Of course, this spatial representation of time is a well-known phenomenon, repeatedly noted in the literature; moving may certainly be related (at least indirectly) to the metaphor of Time as a (flowing) river.
But I am particularly interested in a more specific thing, the etymology (inner structure) of the words for time which is directly based on the river/flow-metaphor.
Thanks again,
All the best,
Leonid