[Lingtyp] Verb-like nominal inflection

Seino van Breugel seinobreugel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 10:41:19 UTC 2020

Dear Ian,

Atong, a Tibeto-Burman language of Northeast India and Bangladesh has
nominal predicates (or verb-like inflection of nouns).
Depending on their denotation, the nouns can take more or less predicative
morphology.
Sometimes, predicative morphology is used to make nouns more verb-like, so
that they can function as a  predicate head.
This is all treated in detail in: Breugel, Seino van. *A Grammar of Atong*.
Leiden, Boston: Brill.

Regards,

Seino
Dr. Seino van Breugel
Assistant Professor
United International College, Zhuhai, China
https://independent.academia.edu/SeinovanBreugel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHfiZwqyWC7HfZUAQ1RH1ew