[Lingtyp] Translators needed for COVID proposal

Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm tamm at ling.su.se
Wed Mar 18 12:32:02 UTC 2020

Dear all,

I have received the following message from my colleague Hans IJzerman (h.ijzerman at gmail.com<mailto:h.ijzerman at gmail.com>), a social psychologist and Associate Professor at the Université Grenoble Alpes. This is something where we, linguists, can help!

"We are running a call for study proposals to try to help against the COVID crisis. The call is  at
https://psysciacc.org/2020/03/13/the-psa-calls-for-rapid-and-impactful-study-proposals-on-covid-19.
We are going at a very fast pace and we received 66 proposal since launching the call (on Friday).

We will now enter the next phase and will need translators to various languages (the more the better). Of course, if people want to collect data they'd be welcome to as well. All people that will collaborate will be co-authors (in the role they fulfilled). What is of course more important is that they may help reduce the consequences of this crisis. Could you spread this message to your network? They can contact me directly with their name + language they can assist in. Of course, they'd need to be fluent in the target language. Ideally we find two translators per language as we need translation + backtranslation.

Translators will need to be available this week and will need to respond quickly.”

See also here:

https://corelab.blog/2020/03/17/love-in-the-times-of-covid-help-us-support-physically-isolated-people/

Thanks and stay safe!
Warmest virtual hugs to all,
Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm

Dept. of linguistics, Stockholm university, 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
tel.: +46-8-16 26 20 (office)
www.ling.su.se/tamm<http://www.ling.su.se/tamm>
tamm at ling.su.se