[Lingtyp] orthography in formatted examples

Sebastian Nordhoff sebastian.nordhoff at glottotopia.de
Wed Mar 25 15:21:55 UTC 2020

Dear all,
I have typeset over 100 LangSci books with contributions from over 1000
authors. There seem to be a hierarchy

This means that people who would use a given symbol would also use all
symbols to the left.

We use the following rule: if an example ends with [?!.], it should
start with a capital letter and vice versa (Proper names are an
exception). If an example does not end with one of these punctuation
marks, it should not start with a capital letter.

Best wishes
Sebastian