[Lingtyp] Mainland Northeast Asia (MNEA) as a linguistic area

Joo, Ian joo at shh.mpg.de
Sat Mar 28 10:09:03 UTC 2020

Dear Marcel,

I would like to know more about the Turkic languages. I did check on some Turkic languages, but the only one I found to really colexify the two meanings seems to be Tuvan (which is also spoken in MNEA). In other Turkic languages, such as Uighur, Kazakh, Uzbek, and Turkish, it seems to be qoy- for putting and sal- or boshat- for releasing, and that Turkic languages generally make lexical distinction of these two, although they sometimes do semantically overlap. But since I have little knowledge about Turkic languages, I would love to hear more ideas on this.

Regards,
Ian