[Lingtyp] R: coronavirus and Zipf

Aleksandrs Berdicevskis alexberd at gmail.com
Sat May 2 15:12:33 UTC 2020

In Swedish, people say and write both "corona" (sometimes "korona") and
"coronavirus". I think the short form is more frequent in colloquial
speech, but I haven't done an extensive corpus analysis. It does not have
any popular meaning. "Digerdöden" 'Black death' (lit. 'Great Death') is
also often used to refer both to the pandemic and the disease.

Best,
Sasha