[Lingtyp] The CNRS 2020 Summer School on semantic shifts (September 14-25 2020, Porquerolles): UPDATE
Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
tamm at ling.su.se
Mon May 11 13:37:01 EDT 2020
To all interested students and colleagues:
This is to inform you that the dates are being maintained for the Summer School on "Semantic Shifts: From lexicon to grammar. Diachronic and typological perspectives" from 14th to 26th September 2020.
However, due to the corona virus pandemic, the pre-registration deadline has been postponed from 15th June, 2020 until the new date of Friday 31st July, 2020. This will allow time for the new deconfinement measures to be implemented in our respective countries and for the situation to become clearer for everyone concerning reservations for both international travel to France and domestic travel within France to the summer school venue in Porquerolles.
The confirmation of your registration will consequently begin on Monday 3rd August and continue until Friday 14th August 2020 during which period you will receive an email from the Organising Committee.
As your safety and well-being during the school are our absolute priority, the following sanitation and social distancing measures will be in place in the wake of the pandemic:
1. The main and only amphitheatre to be used for the daily classes has a capacity of 120 places for the 60 participants at the Summer School. This will allow for alternating seating (that is, one place occupied next to one place free). (Recall that there will be no parallel sessions at the school.)
2. Participants will be accommodated in individual hotel rooms at the IGESA Center (unless you come with your partner or family of course).
3. The restaurant for all the mealtimes is sufficiently large to enable social distancing requirements to be fulfilled. There is additional seating at an outdoor terrace as well.
4. The number of crossings will be increased for the ferry from Hyères (La Tour Fondue) to the island of Porquerolles to respect the rules for the number of persons per square metre.
You will find all the necessary information on the school website at https://semanticshifts.sciencesconf.org<https://semanticshifts.sciencesconf.org/>
New Key Dates
• March 6, 2020: Pre-registration opened
• July 20, 2020: Deadline for sending a Letter of motivation (Students)
• July 31, 2020: End of pre-registration ; confirmation of registration starts
• August 14, 2020: End of registration
• September 1-10, 2020: Registration for Master classes & Presentations (Doctoral students)
Looking forward very much to seeing you in the south of France!
The Organizing Committee:
• Hilary Chappell (EHESS, CRLAO)
• Benjamin Fagard (CNRS, Lattice)
• Maria Koptjevskaja-Tamm (Univ. Stockholm)
• Martine Vanhove (CNRS, Llacan)
• Jeanne Zerner (CNRS, Llacan)
Prof. Maria Koptjevskaja Tamm
Dept. of linguistics, Stockholm university, 106 91, Stockholm, Sweden
tel.: +46-8-16 26 20 (office)
tamm at ling.su.se
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lingtyp