[Lingtyp] PhD defence: The typology and semantics of binominal lexemes

Steve Pepper pepper.steve at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:53:25 UTC 2020

Tomorrow, Wednesday 11 November, I will defend my dissertation on *The
typology and semantics of binominal lexemes: Noun-noun compounds and their
functional equivalents* in a Public Defence via Zoom at 16:15 UTC+1. My
opponents are Maria Koptjevskaja-Tamm and Bill Croft.

The announcement is here
<https://www.hf.uio.no/iln/english/research/news-and-events/events/disputations/stevepepper.html>,
along with a brief description and links to both the thesis and the Zoom
meeting. Since there will be no audience physically present, it would be
nice if some friends and colleagues were to tune in live. I *think* there
will be an opportunity for comments *ex auditoria*.

The link to my trial lecture, entitled *Semantic maps in cross-linguistic
research* does not seem to be working, but you can view it on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FEyw3yPgyg&t=12s>.

Cheers,
Steve