[Lingtyp] List of ideophones in any language

Geoffrey Khan gk101 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jan 12 07:54:59 UTC 2021

Dear Ian,

I recently published a paper on ideophones and sound symbolism in
Neo-Aramaic:

Khan, Geoffrey. ‘Sound Symbolism in Neo-Aramaic’. In /Near Eastern and
Arabian Essays: Studies in Honour of John F. Healey/, edited by George J
Brooke, Adrian H. W. Curtis, Muntasir al-Hamad, and G. Rex Smith,
197–214. Journal of Semitic Studies Supplement 41. Oxford: Oxford
University Press, 2018.

I'm attaching a copy.

best wishes

Geoffrey