[Lingtyp] List of ideophones in any language

Jess Tauber tetrahedralpt at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 20:34:51 UTC 2021

Some years ago the late William Samarin sent me a large sheaf of old
computer printouts of ideophones from the dialect of Gbeya that he had done
fieldwork on for many years. They included the ideophones as headwords of
course plus glosses and/or semantic features he'd gleaned from them. So far
as I know this is the only survival of his archives at his university, as a
fire destroyed the rest. Had I known I wouldn't have written notes on them.
I still have them in storage.

Jess Tauber